Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Kids and their food

My Mom dropped by today to bring something we had left at her house this weekend. We were chatting and catching up on how each of my siblings were doing (there are 4 siblings, 3 of which are married, 2 of which have kids). Anyway, she was telling me a story about one of my nephews, I'll call him Goose-Man. Goose-Man (age 6) was eating dinner with her on Saturday night. She had fixed him a plate of pinto/brown beans, grilled salmon and turnip greens. As he was eating (everything but his turnip greens), he kept telling her that he didn't really like turnip greens, but there was another type of turnip greens that he really liked. Almost as if he was saying, "NaNa, if you had made those other greens (not sure what he meant) then I would surely eat them."

Now, what NaNa could argue with that? Anyone out there have any fun kids and their food stories?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So the Goose-man finally got his salmon . . .

Anonymous said...

Those should know that this is the same 6 year old who wants so bad to like vegetables, and will tell every other 6 year old within ear shot about how good vegtables are for you and how MUCH he likes them....although everytime it comes right down to eating them, he just can't b/c he is a) already full; b) the vegetables weren't prepared the way that he likes them ("I don't like fried corn, Mom, I only like BOILED corn" and then when prepared boiled the next time, Mom gets "I don't like BOILED corn, Mom, I only like FRIED corn; or c) the gag reflex takes over and his true feelings towards vegetables are reflected....actions truly do speak louder than words.

Anonymous said...

Another grandson told me when I fixed him a taco,that when he took a bite of it,his "heart was beating"!(in his innocent mind he thought that would be a good enough reason for me to say,"okay,you can get down now!" Are they trying to tell me something? hahahah Just Keepin' It Real!!