Monday, October 15, 2007

Worry and doubt

Ok, I'll just say it and get it out there, I am a worrier through and through. I am one who loves today and all it holds but worries that tomorrow might not be so great. I give my fears and doubts to God many times a day, but always have those few I take back because I think, "Of course I can handle them on my own." I over-analyze most facets of my life, and yet I somehow make it through each day and am able to tell about it. Why? Because God is faithful and true and just and he loves me is trying to teach me along the way that I really can turn ALL things over to him.

In Matthew 6:25-26, Jesus says, "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" (NIV). God wants us to trust in all that we are and all that He is. He loves us, He cares about us and He wants to worry for us.

So, my prayer for all of you out there today (and for myself) is that true faith in God will overflow your life and He will help you understand that it is His job to take the burdens and our job just to trust that His will be carried out in our lives.

Dear Lord, Thank you for who you are and what you stand for in our lives. Thank you for pledging to carry our burdens and work your will in our lives. May you help each of us hand those worries and doubts to you each day and not take them back. Please forgive us where we fail you. In your Son's precious name, Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder! Great to remember.

Anonymous said...

Well said........