Thursday, October 18, 2007

Practicing What I Preach

On Wednesday evening, I was at church helping with our Wednesday night activities. When I left the house, it was raining and I knew the chances of rain were in the forecast for the evening. Throughout the evening, various workers were keeping the eye on the storm (tracking it on cell phones and the internet). And, lo and behold, a "Tornado Warning" landed in our area.

Folks, so here I was, helping lead a group of kindergarten and 1st graders and I was reminded of a post I wrote earlier in the week. I quickly remembered that I was to put faith in God and that His will would see our entire group (K-6th grade and workers) through this storm. As we assembled everyone in the basement of our educational building, I had a peace in my heart knowing that God would prevail. He gave me that peace as I talked with a sobbing 5 year old who was terrified of storms, He gave me that peace as I hugged a scared 6 year old and He gave me that peace as I drove home knowing that all was going to be ok.

God is so good and sees us through all things!

0 comments: