Wednesday, October 24, 2007

New Wednesday Tip






Well, today's tip actually came via my Mom from my Sister. She drives a white suv and had a paint mark on her car from someone else's car door. In order to get it off, she decided to try a magic eraser scrubbing pad and presto it was gone. I've tried it myself on paint marks and dried bug guts (don't you love my descriptive ways) and it makes handwashing your car that much easier (B, I only do this when I can't get to the carwash). Thanks, Sis, for the tip! (The Magic Eraser website does not list using on your car as a use for the magic eraser. This has worked for me in the past, but I suggest trying it on an small, out of sight area first!)

Be sure and check out all the other great Works-for-me Wednesday tips at Shannon's site!
**Updated to add, Melanie left a comment today that magic erasers have taken the protective finish off some of her painted furniture over time. If bugs are a problem on your car, Melanie suggests spraying Pam oil on the front grate while it is clean. The bugs will rinse right off later.
Thanks Melanie!

3 comments:

Melanie @ This Ain't New York said...

Be careful with Magic Eraser. I am not sure what it does to cars, but it has taken the protective finish off some of my painted furniture over time. If bugs are a problem on your car, you can spray Pam oil on the front grate while it is clean. The bugs will rinse right off later.

Anonymous said...

An interesting idea--I think the clean spot would look really bad on our car since it is always diirty but if we ever have a nice new clean car I might consider it.

Anonymous said...

Magic Erasers also work wonders on white pool steps....I have found that they are about the only thing that makes them white again!