Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Titles on Tuesday

Today's book is actually a cookbook that my Mom and I are very excited about. It is a cookbook that was featured on Oprah last week. It is called Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld (wife of Jerry Seinfeld). The cookbook is jam packed with recipes (low-fat, healthy and great-tasting) that use purees (carrots, squash, broccoli, etc) added to many of our kids favorite foods. I actually tried one of Jessica's tips last week on my husband and son. I added a pureed tomato to my taco meat along with the taco seasoning. Neither my husband or my son like tomatoes and I was able to get them to eat one without even telling them. The meat tasted great and I felt better about how I was helping them eat something healthy.

Got a book you are dying to tell someone about? Leave a comment below for all to read.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got my cookbook yesterday and cannot wait to try it. What I look forward to even more is the time that I am going to spend with my daughter as we steam and puree our veggies together to prepare delicious and healthy meals for our families! What a blessing! I love you Amy,mom

Anonymous said...

That sounds fun. I have a cookbook called "sneaky chef" that is kind of the same philsophy. If this one works for you, you might check out the other one, too!!