Monday, September 8, 2008

Daily Treats

As I watched D-Man get excited the other day about a toy he was able to pick out from the "treat drawer" (all those toys from kids meals get placed there unbeknowst to him to later be retrieved when the time is right), I was amazed at how excited he got about what was inside.

Many of the toys that were there had been placed in there over and over again because after he finishes playing with it for the moment, I put it away for another "treat opportunity."

And this made me think of my relationship with God.

Am I excited every morning when I wake up and begin my day thinking about how amazing God is? Am I giddy with anticipation for all that He has to show me?

Or do I treat my relationship with God much like the toy that gets played with and tossed aside? Am I so excited at the initial encounter and then slowly lose interest until I "need" or come across it again?

Shouldn't my relationship with Christ be just as exciting today as it was the day I accepted Him and was baptized? Shouldn't I yearn for the new things that He has to show me daily?

I am challenging myself as I challenge each of you today to treat your relationship with Christ like the toy that gets pulled from the "treat drawer" everyday. Embrace the excitement, delight in His blessings and shout it from the rooftops.


post signature

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I needed that reminder today....my daily walk so often becomes "common".

And on a shallow note--I have never thought about hiding the kid meal toys away, and using them as prizes! Thanks for the good tip--I will have to do this for my daycare prize box (so I don't have to spend any more of my own money). :-)

Queen B said...

Great reminder! Thanks.

Jules from "The Roost" said...

Well said, Girl! :0)