Friday, September 19, 2008

I could have gone without seeing that

D-Man was in the bathtub last night and I was doing my nightly routine of getting stuff ready for him to go to bed (especially since he had not had a nap yesterday). I was in his room (which is right across the hall from his bathroom) when I heard him say, "Look Mom!"

Those two words will now forever haunt me.

When I hear those two words from now on, I need to remind myself that he is a boy and prepare myself for what I will see.

For last night when those two simple words were spoken and I poked my head into the bathroom to see, D-Man was holding some poop. Yes...you read correctly...he was holding his own poop.

Apparently, when he asked for Calgon to take him away, it took his brains and his bowels completely away.

So, I cautiously, I mean graciously picked him up, set him on the toilet and let him finish his business while I soaked the toys and cleaned the bathtub, all the while reminding myself that this too shall pass.

When does Calgon get to take the mommy away to a remote resort with white sandy beaches, no phones and great books to read...oh and no poop to clean?


post signature

9 comments:

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

LOL Been there, done that. It gets easier, but they are still boys. As such, their thought processes continue to baffle me. . .I find myself asking, "Why?" over and over again. . .

Queen B said...

Yeah. That's gross. But typical, I think.

My husband remembers being in the tub with his sisters (when they were little, of course) and one of them pooping. He is haunted to this day.

By the way, I've been reading you on bloglines...when did you makeover your blog? I love it!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Your blog looks great. Hope you enjoy it.
Michelle
Shabby Creations

Beachy Mimi said...

Oh my! I love your new blog look! Very classy.

Rachel@just another day in paradise said...

Love the new look! I've already ordered my own (pre-designed) template! Thanks for inspiring me and leading me to shabby creations!

Ronda White said...

I so feel your pain. My 2 year old has done that twice in the tub and once in the shower. He wasn't as calm as your son. My did the screaming and trying to run away part.

And men wonder why we are so tired or want to pull our hair out by the end of the day.

Jenny said...

WOW! so that is what we have to look forward to?

Sarah said...

Yeah, there was about a month in my son's life when he would poop EVERY
time we put him in the tub. I had resorted to turning the water on, without the plug in, and scrubbing him as fast as I could! And he didn't seem to be bothered by it at all. Enjoyed it, in fact....

I am waiting for the day that I can begin potty training!

Angie @ Many Little Blessings said...

Yikes!

We have been blessed with only having a few times when any of our kids pooped in the tub. But, one of them was an especially messy one WHILE I was pregnant and we had just eaten a huge lasagna dinner. Needless to say, my husband cleaned it up, I got sick in the kitchen sink (you know, because our toliet was right next to the tub), and I couldn't eat lasagna for years.

Oh man -- kids can be so gross sometimes!