Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To my shower, with love

Has it really been five weeks
Since my feet have graced your door?
And all because a sharp blade
Caused me to bleed all over the floor.


The fingers are almost healed
And the doctor has said it's alright,
For me to take an occasional shower
As long as afterwards I seal the bandages back up tight.

I've missed you old shower old friend
And now I am so very happy,
I can shampoo and rinse with not one hand but two,
Making me extremely sappy.

**I know this is an interesting stab at poetry...go ahead, you can say it. But I've been many weeks without the use of both hands, so to get the go ahead to at least have the fingers uncovered to shower is a momentous occasion.**


post signature

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I thought it was quality poetry.

Especially in light of the momentous occasion! I don't know what I would do without a hand for even a day or two......my kids would definitely love the excess freedom from Mommy's tyranny! :-)

fAiThFuL cHiCk said...

Glad your digits are doing better.

:)