Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Reverse Day: I ask a question, so please give an answer

Today's Works-for-me Wednesday is actually the backwards addition. In this addition, I ask a question in hopes that many of you out there will supply me with some answers.

My question this week is one for those who sew out there (or know someone who does sew). Are there good companies online that you've ordered custom window treatments from and be satisfied with? I know that seems like a long shot, but I live in a small, rural town. My mom is usually my seamstress, but she has so much on her plate right now, that I don't want to ask her to make some drapers for D-Man's big boy room. I'm looking for plain panels (with blackout lining) and a fun valence. Anyone have any suggestions?

For more great questions and answers, check out Shannon's site!

post signature

5 comments:

momof2 said...

Can't help you out there. Good luck, though!

Queen B said...

Check smithandnoble.com. I have ordered blinds from there before, but it was 10 years ago. I think they do curtains now. Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

My aunt just got really nice curtains through JCPenney.com It was a great find for her because she has a "wall" of windows in her LR, so she needed odd sizes. The curtains are good quality and look really good.
Hope it helps!

Anonymous said...

www.countrycurtains.com/

You can order sample pieces for free

Karen G

Lisa said...

I love the smithandnoble catalog, but they are really pricey.
Try Country Curtains, they have decent prices and are great quality, I'm sure you could find a solid panel with them.
I actually have a recent catalog from Country Curtains sitting here, if you'd like me to send it to you, just let me know!