Friday, January 11, 2008

Snip, snip, snip away!

Yesterday was an extremely windy day that kept D-Man and I inside (except to pick-up a much needed diet coke) (oh, and to go to Wal-Mart).

Anyhoo, it was one of those days when mommy was having to come up with many (and I repeat many) oh-so-fun activities to keep D-Man busy.

There was the farm building with the Lincoln Logs (poor rooster, I can't tell you how many times he dove off the rail to his near-death--or was he thrown). And, did you know that a cow could drive the farmer around on the tractor? Oh the things I learn...

There was the constant calling on the 911 Learning Phone with the repeating answer at the other end, "911 what is your emergency?" To which I wanted to say, "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up and away from the Learning Phone!"

And, finally, mommy became the hero of the day by breaking out the "Bob the Barber Veggie Dough Kit".

Score 1 for mommy!

Let's just be thankful that I wasn't the one in the barber chair after D-Man got a hold of a pair of plastic, play-dough cutting scissors. If you'll notice, Laura started the day of with some very stylish blue play dough hair (listen, I know, I talk as if Laura and I are on first name basis, but if you watched and listened to Veggie Tales as much as we do in this house, you would think that you were pretty tight with them as well).



Then, the "barber" named D-Man waltzed in and set-up shop.


And he worked his "magic" and Laura left a bit frazzled.


I don't have the foggiest why she might have been upset? Isn't this hairstyle all the rage? I'm now beginning to think that D-Man was Britney's stylist at one point in time.

Appointment anyone?

post signature

3 comments:

Keepin' It Real said...

OH,I love to play with play-doh! Remember how much fun it was? All children need to experience play-doh, and D-man is so creative!

momof2 said...

Yikes! Perhps now is a good time to gently lead D-man to a different career path?

Queen B said...

That is too funny. Poor Laura.