Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Titles on Tuesday



Hello All! It's been a few weeks since I've posted a Titles on Tuesday book for you all to check into. I hope that you have had something to keep your mind going while I've been on my slight hiatus.

Today's book is one that I finished for the book club I am a part of. It is called Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. This book was so absolutely FANTASTIC that I don't know where to begin to convince you to run right out and get it (or click on the link and order it through Amazon.com).

This book is a Christian author's re-tell of the biblical story of Hosea. It's setting begins in the mid 1800's during the Gold Rush and follows the life of a girl turned prostitue named Angel (has other names in the book which will be explained along the way). Angel has experienced no real joy or happiness in life as she lost her mother at an early age, her father did not love (nor want her) and she has to settle for finding her way at the expense of her dignity and pride.

Yet, as defeated as she feels, there is a bright star that appears in her life in the form of a farmer named Michael Hosea. Though she did not believe him and his kind words and actions in the beginning, she grows to love, adore and cherish the simplicity of this man whom she calls her husband.

You must, must, must take time out at some point in your life to read this book! If I gave stars to rate books, I would give this all the stars I have available.

post signature

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Amy, I have read that book and could read it over and over and over again. It is fabulous! Great pick!!!

Anonymous said...

I have never commented here before, but I just had to tell you that EVERYTHING by Francine Rivers is FABULOUS! If you haven't read her Mark Of The Lion series, it is a must read. Love your blog!!

Queen B said...

There is a book I want to read by Brett Lott called, "A Song I Know By Heart" that is a modern day Naomi and Ruth story. I've heard great things about it.